[Asterisk-Dev] new hardware integration

boris.vincent at mindspeed.com boris.vincent at mindspeed.com
Mon Aug 30 01:09:48 MST 2004

Hello all,

I am an * newbie and am trying to use * with my own hardware.

This hardware is an interface between a standard analog telephone line and
IP. The hardware is able to build all sorts of Ethernet packets with data
coming from phone line.
The signaling part can be handled by a simple linux command.

My question is as follows : how can i make my hardware work with *.
For information, the features I would like to use :
        - voice mail
        - conferencing
        - SIP

Furthermore, I could not find anywhere any information on how *
communicates with its peripherals (Driver / adaptive layer ...). If anyone
could help me on this too, i would be very grateful...

Thank you all in advance for any information.