[Asterisk-Dev] Pasive channels monitoring

Guillermo Winkler gwinkler at inconcertcc.com
Thu Aug 26 10:34:56 MST 2004

> >I'm not willing to use astman since I'm running inside * and
> > make no sense to parse astman events.
>
> I am really not sure what you objection is to parsing the event strings
> passed to manager_event and reformatting them to your own  struc
> suitable for your call back function  that is a trivial exercise

It's really not an objection, just a tought about what would be
"nicier" (maybe monitoring should have been treated with the same paradigm of
the other modules, where you could just ast_register_monitor() and maybe use
SNMP or anything that best suites the needs).

In that case you shouldn't have to rely on the few information fields manager
sends.

Best regards,
Guillermo