[Asterisk-Dev] Compiling zaptel breaks on linux 2.4.27.

Adam E. Hampton ahampton at networkip.net
Wed Aug 25 14:36:29 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm having an issue compiling the zaptel libraries under the 2.4.27
Linux kernel.  Judging from the responses on the IRC channels, I'm
likely one of the first to attempt this.  The machine is a fedora-core 1
box with the new kernel added in.  I should note that 2.4.26 works fine
with the mainline kernel - this error is apparently specific to 2.4.27.

The "make install" bails out pretty early, apparently the definition of
"LOCK_PREFIX" has changed between the two kernels.  I've posted the
first few lines of the compile output to a pastebin site at:
http://pastebin.ca/747   I'm more than willing to make code changes from
anyone's suggestions - I'm just certain I'll be slower than other people
out there. I'll spend the next couple days reading around the new kernel
and seeing what I can do.

Thanks,
--Adam E. Hampton