[Asterisk-Dev] Error

dbruce at bananatel.com dbruce at bananatel.com
Tue Aug 24 15:10:30 MST 2004

Bob:

   Just because the RFC says that 0.0.0.0/8 addresses are now valid as local
addresses, does not mean that Linux has evolved to enbrace the RFC's new
philosophy... In fact, the Linux networking system has not fully embraced
it... Although you can set an interface with a 0.0.0.0/8 address, many of
the networking utilities do not recognize the address as being valid. So,
save yourself some greif and change it to a local address that the operating
system does recognize as such... use 10.0.0.0/8 and your problems should go
away...