[Asterisk-Dev] Error

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Aug 23 18:46:23 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 12:45, AdyaKamal wrote:
> Hi There,
>

> I got this error, please tell me solution:
>
> WARNING[303123]: chan_sip.c:455 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of 0x814ad34 (len
> 688) to 0.84.197.99 returned -1: Network unreachable

This is a good time to practice english reading comprehension. The
message is actually very readable. "Network unreachable" means there is
no way for a packet to reach the IP address you specified.

With that part of the message digested you would look a little deeper
and see that the IP address looks suspect. I don't know if it is
possible to have a zero as the first quad of an IP address. While I know
it is possible for a zero to be in one of the other positions of a IP
address, the first one I think has to be non zero.