[Asterisk-Dev] Dial "S" option doesn't cancel timeout

David Gurr david.gurr at congruity.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 04:51:11 MST 2004

Here's a weird one.

A Dial command with the "S" option seems to leave an alarm lying around
which terminates an active call even if the Dialed call has finished. The
"L" option doesn't seem to suffer from this.

Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking incoming SIP calls. I have an IVR menu
which (amongst other things) prompts an incoming user for a number to dial,
and then does a Dial command like:

	Dial(Local/${Number}@context/n,30,HgtS(30))

This uses the context "context" to place the call, which goes out over SIP.
All works fine, except if the call is terminated early by the caller
pressing "*" (enabled by the "H" option), when control has passed back into
the dialplan, the original call gets terminated 30 seconds after the Dial
command started.

If I change the "S" option to an "L" option with a warning time (ie
L(30000:5000)) then the problem doesn't occur.

Seems like the "S" timeout is getting applied to the original incoming call
as well (possibly to the channel, as both incoming and outgoing are both SIP
in this case), whereas the "L" timeout is only applied to the outgoing call.

The "L" option gives me a workaround, but I thought I'd mention the problem
here.

--
David Gurr
Congruity Ltd.