[Asterisk-Dev] Who knows where have open source SIP phone projects in windows platform

chaye wala chayewala at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 22:18:48 MST 2004

I found a lot of information about various SIP
implementations here
http://www.pernau.at/kd/voip/bookmarks-sip-rtp-ua.html

An intresting one is Microsoft RTC API. It comes with
complete source code of a simple SIP phone which uses
Microsoft's SIP stack on Windows. It even has working
support for G723.1 :)

Examples for RTC API are here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rtcclnt/rtc/session_control_code_examples.asp

RTC gets installed as part of MSN or Windows Messenger
and need not be installed. However if needed, it can
be downloaded from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ae0bdc75-9f2f-4217-b97f-dfa0adf264aa&displaylang=en

I was able to make a working SIP phone using samples
and RTC API in a short time for Windows. One problem I
noticed that DTMF do not get passed correctly once
connection has been established. Wish you luck.

Smile,
Chayewala