[Asterisk-Dev] __use_ast_pthread_create_instead__

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Wed Aug 11 20:22:59 MST 2004

Hi,
  You can try some compiler magic.

Take the gcc command line that fails.
edit it, and append, -E

This will create a text file output, which contains the output of the
preprocesor.
man on gcc for -E,

Stop after the preprocessing stage; do not run the compiler proper.  The
output is in the form of preprocessed source code, which is sent to the
standard output.

Examine the output file.
============
Example::

So, take the below command line::
cc  -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -Wall  -Werror -I. -Itelephony
-I/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include -O2 -DMODVERSIONS -include
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include/linux/modversions.h -o ixj.o -c
telephony/ixj.c  -DIXJ_STANDALONE

it normally writes an object file to ixj.o

append -E
cc  -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -Wall  -Werror -I. -Itelephony
-I/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include -O2 -DMODVERSIONS -include
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include/linux/modversions.h -o ixj.o -c
telephony/ixj.c  -DIXJ_STANDALONE -E

Now, ixj.o is a long long long text file that is readable.
You can now grep this file for pthread_create,
 and see what is being defined...

Derek.