[Asterisk-Dev] Support for Brazil's market

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at macp.eti.br
Wed Aug 11 18:08:57 MST 2004

There are 2 issues to fully enable digium's hardware to work with Brazilian
hardware:

1 - DTMF caller ID - no fsk caller ID here
2 - R2D E1 signalling - There's EuroISDN signalling available to some
carriers, but the bulk uses R2D, any chance this is the same as some existing
option in asterisk ? Also, most low end E1 capable PBX's here don't support
ISDN at all.

I am a seasoned (10+ years) 'C' and userlevel Linux developer and have
developed small kernel modules, so I would voluteer to write DTMF caller ID,
provided I get some pointers to start. I have a TDM400P (3FXS,1FXO) and a
X100P to test this on.

This would go into the zapata library ? Where do I hook it in ?

Would both the TDM400P and the X100P technically capable of detecting DTMF
digits off hook ?

I'll be ordering an E1 card soon, but an available E1 PBX to test with
wouldn't be easy to come about, so I'm not voluteering to develop R2D at this
point.

R2D apears to be a DTMF, channel by channel signalling, once I get more
details I'll send it in provided there's some interest.

Regards,

Marcelo Pacheco