[Asterisk-Dev] Transferring Calls

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Aug 10 15:13:54 MST 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 16:03, Christopher Jacob wrote:
> Is it possible to transfer an incoming call back out without a "trombone"
> effect.
>
> For instance;
>
> Caller dials my broadvoice # --> Asterisk Answers and plays a menu --> the
> caller selects an option --> asterisk transfers the call to my cell phone
> via broadvoice and removes itself from the equation so I end up with...
>
> Caller --> Broadvoice --> Cell Phone
>
> Vs.
>
> Caller --> Broadvoice --> Asterisk --> Cell Phone
>

> Any ideas on how this could work?

Once a leg of a call has been established, it's pretty darn difficult to
annihilate that leg without dropping the call.  You might be able to do it
with purely PRIs, using cause codes to drop one call leg at a time, but it
doesn't solve the problem of how to get that next leg set up with your
provider.  You need to have the control at the point where a call leg is
dropped, which has to be the same location where the next call leg is
attempted.

This is the developer explanation.  If you were looking for a simple,
"No, that can't be done", you should have asked the -Users list.

--
Tilghman