[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF and Broadvoice

Greg Hill gregh-asteriskd at hillnet.us
Mon Aug 9 13:27:08 MST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, James Jones wrote:

> need to make that dtmfmode=inband is in both the [general] and the
> [broadvoice]

 From my experimentation, it seems that the setting in [broadvoice] was
used for an outbound call and the setting in [general] is used with
inbound calls.

It seems that Asterisk assumes you want to use rfc2833 on inbound calls
unless you tell it otherwise. I didn't do any extra research to find out
whether then incoming SIP connection from Broadvoice indicates that DTMF
will be inband and Asterisk ignores this hint, or whether Asterisk is
failing to use the setting in [broadvoice] for incoming as well as
outgoing calls.

In any case, if all your SIP inbound stuff works fine with inband DTMF (or
if BV is all the inbound SIP you get) then you'll get along fine setting
it inband in the general section.

Greg