[Asterisk-Dev] minumum linux hardware-less than 100 mb

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Aug 3 21:47:36 MST 2004

At 12:55 PM -1000 on 8/3/04, James H. Thompson wrote:
>Corrected URLs for message below:
>
>OpenWRT: http://openwrt.ksilebo.net/
>
>tuxroot buildkit: anyone have a link?
>
>Jim
>
>James H. Thompson
>jht at lava.net

<grumble..top-posters...grumble>

So, the question is, who has compiled Asterisk for the WRT54G's?  I
know it can be done; a stripped and trimmed down binary should fit.
The real trick would be to figure out how to get a pseudo-Zap channel
hacked into one, so that trunking could be used, in a SIP-to-IAX2
condenser manner.  I've had this idea for a long time, and I'm sure
others have experimented with this, but someone should fess up and
post their experiences publicly, along with some files.  I think that
the WRT54G would be a great mini-PBX, even if it can't store CDRs
(well, at least not without burning the flash out.)

JT