[Asterisk-Dev] RE: MYSQL application

Constantine Filin cfilin at intermedia.net
Mon Aug 2 18:34:57 MST 2004

Greetings

> While I understand the concern of too many 'vendor' specific
> implementations, I applaud the inclusion of 'query', 'insert', etc.
> commands into the asterisk dialplan versus through an AGI.  If the
general
> consensus is to move this into ast_data, then that is good as well, as
> long as the more useful database functions are not lost in the
process.

There is no problem if MYSQL is not included in CVS, still I thought if
this
work well for me, then it might work for someone else as well.

On the subject of developing a single interface to all database from *
dialplans - what about unix ODBC and commands like
	ODBC(Connect DSN connID ...)
	ODBC(Query ${connID} resultID ...)
	ODBC(Fetch ${resultID} fetchID...)
	ODBC(Disconnect ${connID} ...)