[Asterisk-Dev] End of public smear campaign by pimpsoft

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 16:54:20 MST 2004

Hi,
  Recently, there was an email from Mark, which read:::

To everyone who spends time in #asterisk or #asterisk-bugs or basically
anything with #asterisk in its name, I want to implore you to please treat
new users with respect, and act as good representatives of the Asterisk
community.  Recently I have had more reports of new users being severely
turned off of the project in general due to the comments, reactions and
attitudes of a few members of the asterisk channels.

The success of the Asterisk project depends upon users and developers, and
remember that every one of you, even the most experienced Asterisk users
were at one point a newbie and needed some hand holding from someone.

Finally, I would also ask that the #asterisk channel in particular please
stay as focused on Asterisk related topics as possible.

Thanks!

Mark

Here is my take on Mark's email

You don't need to call people trolls etc.

You don't need to fight the fight for Mark or the people at Digium. If
someone abuses Mark or Digium,  Mark or Digium will reply. They are
adults, and have the right to reply.

Ignore it, and move on. Discuss only the topic of improving asterisk.

Personal attacks are best done off list, where no search engine will find
them. I hope that my future employer/client/colleague only find my good
emails when doing a background check on me.

Derek.