[Asterisk-Dev] Harassment of bug marshals

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Apr 29 11:16:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 12:35, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Please don't be upset that we always ask for a disclaimer when you upload a patch
> to bugs.digium.com. It's necessary that we for each patch get a confirmation,
> regardless of size of the patch. We are quite a few bug marshals now and there's
> no database of who that already have sent a disclaimer to Digium. There's no chance
> that each one of us remembering all contributors. We need your confirmation on record
> anyway.
>
> So please just add a quick note that you have a disclaimer on file if you have it,
> without any comments about how many glorious patches you have already contributed
> and how upset you are that we ask *again*.
>
> If you want to bug us, do it in the #asterisk-bugs channel on irc instead :-)

Would it not be a good thing to have scanned copies available on some
web site linked to a list of people who have sent in the disclaimers? It
could be similar to the credits file with the exception of saying what
we contributed to the code base.

Granted I do not know what the level of work that would entail.

It might be nice if they could be linked to mantis and the names of
those of us with disclaimers could show up slightly differently so the
bug marshals could possibly draw the conclusion that a person with a
disclaimer on file may actually have submitted a patch with their entry.
Cylcling patches out of the bug tracker should be easier that way.

Just some semi-random thoughts.