[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk behind Siemens PBX via BRI interface

GIBERT Frédéric frederic.gibert at viginetworks.fr
Thu Apr 29 11:15:37 MST 2004

In fact, if you have 2 PBX, you can interconnect them using QSIG for
example.
In this case, you can dial a prefix to dial the other PBX.
For example, you have phone 101 on PBX1 and phone 101 on PBX2.
You need to dial 1101 to reach the 101 on PBX1 and dial 2101 to dial 101
on PBX2.

With a fritz card, it's not so easy. As you cannot use QSIG, you need to
use bus S0 on the PBX and T0 on Fritz card. It's like male - female!

The problem is that you can assign a prefix to a T0 interface, but not
to a S0 Bus.

So, take this example.

PBX had such S0 Bus MSN Number: 50, 51, 52, 53. All this MSN number are
attributed to 2 B Channels.

And asterisk, you have defined prefix 1 to reach the PBX.

 From asterisk, you will dial 1XXXX to reach XXXX on the PBX.
 From the PBX, you will dial 50 to reach XXX1 on asterisk, 51 to reach
XXX2, etc...
But you won't be able to dial 50XXXX in order to reach XXXX on asterisk.
A MSN number is a virtual number on the PBX to reach a specified number
on asterisk.

Is that more clear?