[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware for handling large call volume

Sudhir Kumar sudhir1 at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 24 10:40:00 MST 2004

I would like to hear from any of you who has done any kind of
benchmarking on a robust hardware that can handle large call volume,
preferably with G.729 codec involved.

We are in the process of putting together a system that should have a
quad E1 card, G.729 and/or iLBC codecs. The test scenario we are
interested in:
	1. keeping all E1 lines saturated (SIP<->PSTN),
    and 2. as many SIP to SIP calls as possible.

I will share our experience with this group.

We would greatly benefit from any recommendation you can give us about
the hardware we should use. Mark, Jeremy, Steven, .... anyone.

Thanks,
-- sudhir