[Asterisk-Dev] MPL(openh323)/ GPL License issues

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Fri Apr 23 15:30:52 MST 2004

Jeremy,
  I will spell it out.

a) It is not clear what license * is under.

b) In your litigous society, what could easily happen?

c) * is falsely advertising the license it is under.

d) Statements such as the one you made in a previous email are wrong.
   "Read the LICENSE file" you wrote.
   I did.
   The clear implication from reading the license file is that
      * is GPL.
   Therefore, * is in license violation because it links to openh323.

My suggestion is to be be consistant and clear.

 Modify every file, every header, to be GPL + openh323 + LSS.

Yes, a bit of work. However, do you want the license to be unambiguous?

Now, 12+hours have elapsed, and noone else has responded to emails on this
topic.
  End of story.

Derek.