[Asterisk-Dev] Stress Test H323

Federico Alves sales at minixel.com
Thu Apr 22 01:30:00 MST 2004

It is a simple task to test the H323 code using a simple loop like the one
below. I can make it blow up 100% of the time:

exten => _X.,1,ChanIsAvail(Sip/${EXTEN})

exten => _X.,2,Dial(Sip/${EXTEN})

exten => _X.,102,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.85.100/${CALLERIDNUM})

exten => _X.,3,Hangup

exten => t,3,Hangup

where the tester have to replace the IP address 192.168.85.100 for the IP
address of the Asterisk box being tested. To test it, just send one single
call from any SIP phone, and the dialplan will start a loop onto itself. The
audio also should pass along, which can be tested by setting a branching
condition.  If Jeremy sends me the code, I can place 100 real H323 calls and
see if the 101th works.

Also I think that Luis Mata should be consulted, because I have seen his
boxes reach into the hundreds of calls, especially for a certain client in
China. So he actually fixed the code already.

Federico