[Asterisk-Dev] Transfer of variables in app_dial

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Apr 20 12:58:37 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 11:15, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> In some cases, you want channel variables to be transferred from the caller to the callee.
> This works for VXML_URL but not for other channels.
>
> There's a patch that transfers all variables in
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000928
>
> I discussed this with Mark and we agreed upon a solution that we want feedback
> on:
>
> * Not transfer all variables by default (as in the current patch)
> * Transfer all variables that begin with "_" (underscore) once and
>    remove the underscore in the new channel leg
> * Transfer all variables that begin with "__" (two underscore)
>    without removing anything, making it stay even if the new leg
>    is transferred to a third leg

I'd like to see some form of arrays created in our variables first, then
we could get to all incoming variables are placed inside an array and
passed. You would then know for a fact that that one variable could get
clobbered on the way in and then you can go from there.

Essentially, we need to learn from php as they moved into later versions
of 4.X and tried to encourage users against register globals due to the
chance an incoming call could bork with variables you picked up
elsewhere.