[Asterisk-Dev] Transfer of variables in app_dial

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 20 09:15:17 MST 2004

In some cases, you want channel variables to be transferred from the caller to the callee.
This works for VXML_URL but not for other channels.

There's a patch that transfers all variables in
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000928

I discussed this with Mark and we agreed upon a solution that we want feedback
on:

* Not transfer all variables by default (as in the current patch)
* Transfer all variables that begin with "_" (underscore) once and
   remove the underscore in the new channel leg
* Transfer all variables that begin with "__" (two underscore)
   without removing anything, making it stay even if the new leg
   is transferred to a third leg

Any feedback?

/Olle