[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Inestability with H323

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Mon Apr 19 05:34:38 MST 2004

Hi,

Derek Smithies wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have not looked at  asterisk-oh323 driver..
>
> Where is it ?

asterisk-oh323 can be downloaded from:
http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/projects/asterisk-oh323

I'm one of the authors of this module so feel free to ask me
whatever you want to know about it.

Michael.

PS: I have a semi-finalized version which works with the latest
versions of OpenH323/Pwlib libraries. Expect a release soon.

> Derek.
> ===========================
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Eric Wieling wrote:
>

>>Have you looked at the asterisk-oh323 driver?  That doesn't use
>>Asterisk's RTP stack.
>>
>>On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 20:38, Derek Smithies wrote:
>>
>>>Adam,

>>>I am happy to fix the h.323 side of asterisk.
>>>Here are the problems I would face, should I take this job on.
>>>
>>>a)the lack of response from others on this list who have been involved
>>>  with chan_h323.c   There is knowledge there that I want to tap into.
>>>  To be honest, I am not keen to "reinvent the wheel". I want to learn
>>>  from others, and learn what trials/tribulations they had.
>>>
>>>b)I have an architecture reorganisation in my mind that will mean
>>>  chan_h323.c receives/sends encoded audio frames from/to the h323 stack
>>>  Currently, there appears to be the asterisk does all rtp handling. This
>>>   is not necessary, and is unwise in my view. I just need some clues as
>>>   to how to "connect" the encoded audio frames to asterisk.
>>>
>>>c)upgrade of the chan_h323 to work with current  openh323 code.
>>>  Add sentences to the readme.
>>>   cvs co -r tagname pwlib
>>>   cvs co -r tagname openh323
>>>
>>>d)you don't need to worry about exploits in the openh323 code.
>>>  iax2 has many more exploits than openh323.
>>>
>>>Derek.

./M