[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Inestability with H323

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 17:51:33 MST 2004

Peter Nixon wrote:

> [*] Anyone who thinks otherwise is welcome to setup a copy of Asterisk running
> chan_h323 and tell me the IP. I guarantee that I can crash it for you in
> under 5 minutes, using only inbound H323 calls

Yep, and if you don't want Peter crashing your *for you, I will do it.

I have detailed in a previous email how to do this. With just one external
computer, generating one call at a time, guaranteed failure.

Peter Nixon also wrote:
> Until chan_h323 is fixed I would not rely on it for commercial
> operation.
I will not rely on * + h323 for commercial operation either.

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                           This PC runs pine on linux for email
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                     If you find a virus apparently from me, it has