[Asterisk-Dev] AES voice encryption for IAX2

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 14:52:56 MST 2004

HI,
 I agree.
 As explained in my previous emails, there are numerous attacks one can do
if the signalling information is not encrypted.
  I have explained a denial of service attack, where a third party can
   disconnect an active call.
  A third party has other DOS attacks, interjecting dtmf digits in the
    stream.
  The attacks as listed below, where the bank account details are
   readable.

Let us move this conversation to:::

encrypting the entire contents of all iax2 packets.

There seems to be  opposition to some sort of vpn. The preference is that
encryption goes in at the application layer. Although, I do remember a
post arguing that the IETF are moving towards encryption at the OS level.
   (apologies  if I misquoted that)

Does that mean::
If we insist on do encryption at the application layer, and we decide
to encrypt the entire contents of all iax packets
    ===> we require iax3 ?

Derek.