[Asterisk-Dev] Cisco 79xx XML-Push Authentication

Alexander Noack alex at aiesec.wiwi.uni-rostock.de
Fri Apr 16 10:09:20 MST 2004

Hi all,

in case anyone is interested in my latest findings ...

If you want to Push an XML Element to a Cisco IP Phone, it first
tries to authenticate your request against a callmanager.

Now since we use * and don't have a callmanager, using
"<authenticationURL></authenticationURL>" in the SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml,
the phone can be directed to any web server which handles the
authentication.

The data exchanged is quite simple.
1.) the phone POSTs UserID, Password and devicename
2.) the server answers ERROR, UN-AUTHORIZED or AUTHORIZED

Now it's up to you, what your script answers according to UserID and
Password.

Alex