[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk-Dev digest, Vol 1 #576 - 14 msgs

sales at minixel.com sales at minixel.com
Fri Apr 16 07:17:25 MST 2004

To: Steven Critchfield  <critch at basesys.com>

I think your comment on my request for help is
out-of-line. Particularly since I paid Digium to do the
installation, to avoid exactly the risk of being new to
this. Who may know more than Digium about installing
Asterisk? Maybe I was wrong on that, but I am
comfortable with Digium support services.

The new question is: suppose "export
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" is issued inside the script
that starts safe_asterisk, if I stop and start Asterisk
manually, inside a bash session, what happens to this
variable? Do I have to write a script that always
includes this variable before I restart asterisk? is it
better to somehow include this environment variable in
the C code? How? Sorry for being new to Linux.