[Asterisk-Dev] Who is developing Shadydial?

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Thu Apr 15 04:23:36 MST 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:47:46AM -0400, C. Maj wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Richard Airlie waxed:
>
> > I'm interested in finding out a bit more information about how well shadydial
> > performs, what sort of real world usage it's seen, etc. Can anyone shed any
> > light?
>
> I pulled out a showstopper bug almost 2 months ago.  Since
> then, I've been running it in testing for hours and hours
> at a time, about 3-10 agents.  The box is connected over IAX
> to the production server so I can still beat on it, reboot
> often, etc.

Is that 3-10 real agents doing real work on it (making live calls,
recording call outcomes). Are they connected to Asterisk over the PSTN
or VOIP? (or is that of no consequence?)

How is the predictive dialing algorithm performing? Does it keep the
agents quite busy with calls? What sort of abandon rate are you seeing,
and is it possible to set a target abandon rate?

> Still a long way to 1.0, tho.  But I think the next release
> will be a beta instead of alpha (or VHS).

Sounds great. What are the most 'alpha' areas of Shadydial..
what parts need the most work?

Hopefully I'll have a test box for Asterisk quite soon and will
be able to spend some time looking at and playing with shadydial.

many thanks
Richard.