[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Presence /* Moved to -dev */

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 14 23:10:48 MST 2004

Clif,
Thank you for your valuable input!

My conclusion is that we have to make Asterisk better at handling phone-presence. I think most
of it is in there, we just need to check how it is exposed in the manager interface and judge
if we need to improve it and how.

Secondly, it would be interesting to see if we could create a jabber-asterisk bridge, so
that Asterisk delivers presence information to jabber. Jabber could handle user-presence
(drinking beer, planting fuchsias, driving kids to school, sleeping etc).

Any chance of the software you wrote being published as Open Source?

/O