[Asterisk-Dev] FOLLOWUP: TE405P *hardware* question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 14 11:59:10 MST 2004

> Is there a specific design issue with making the TE405P a universal 3.3V/5V
> product?  I've done a cursory review of the Xilinx part and it seems that
> it should be just fine to plug in to a 3V or 5V PCI slot, if I take a
> hacksaw and create the appropriate key.

Just for the archives:  This does work.

I have a TE405P in a 3.3V PCI slot and it works fine.  There's no technical
reason I can think of to prevent Digium from changing the card edge to be a
universal 5V 3.3V connector.

Obviously if you take a hacksaw/dremel to your card, you are voiding the
warranty.  But it does seem to work.

Regards,
Andrew