[Asterisk-Dev] TE405P *hardware* question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 13 15:21:14 MST 2004

> I might be an electronics newbie here, but why cant you just toss a 3.3v
> regulator on the board? let it cut the 5v down where needed

Quick answer: no.  On a 5V PCI system all the signals are coming in at 5V too
-- you'd have to clip each one or use 5V-tolerant I/O, which the FPGA in the
TE410P doesn't have.  :-)

Quick answer #2: I was talking about using the TE405P in a 3.3V PCI system,
not a TE410P in a 5V PCI system.  :-)

-A, an electronics designer but with no PCI design experience.