[Asterisk-Dev] Re: chan_sccp move from lambda-solutions.de to SF.NET

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Apr 13 09:11:07 MST 2004

>>>>> "Klaus-Peter" == Klaus-Peter Junghanns <kpj at junghanns.net> writes:

Klaus-Peter> Well, your code links to *. So it has to be GPL
Klaus-Peter> licensed if you want to distribute it ...

Klaus-Peter> Somebody slap me if i am wrong. :)

No, you are right.

Not only does it link to *, it is in fact derived from *.

The only exception (in the case of asterisk) is if the author
(perhaps I should write 'copyright holder') negotiated a different
license for it from Digium.  Eg bought a commercial license.

Of course, check with a lawyer for specifics....

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com> <http://jhcloos.com>