[Asterisk-Dev] 802.11b a contraindication?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Apr 11 11:46:41 MST 2004

Duane wrote:
> James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else been seeing problems on 802.11 links?
>

> Nope... Only time I've had problems was when either my asterisk server
> or a remote asterisk server had to cross encode between CPU intensive
> codecs, I so usually leave it set to GSM 99% of the time now...

Depending on who is doing what interrupt-wise, I have definitely seen
voice quality issues when sound cards vie for interrupt handling
contention with wireless cards.

I would look there to start.  I (and many others) use 802.11b links
regularly to do VoIP with asterisk, with pretty much equivalent quality
to wireline Ethernet.

B.