[Asterisk-Dev] How many users can one Asterisk server support?

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Sat Apr 10 22:57:30 MST 2004

> The question is
> how do we link up these servers and allow any user come in on any servers?
>
> Have anyone tried this?

Unfortunately, Asterisk stores the registration information locally, rather
than in some centrally located data store.  In order to use it the way you
want, you either need to alter it to use a central registry, or assign
customers to specific servers.

I think that this is one of the reasons that many SIP service providers use
SER on the front end as the SIP proxy, and use Asterisk as a media gateway
and media processing engine.

Anybody out there have a better answer?  I didn't scan the bug tracker for a
patch that provides central registration.  There may be a patch that covers
this issue.  I'll have to look.

-S