[Asterisk-Dev] <<< SPHINX INTEGRATION >>>

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Apr 10 15:47:58 MST 2004

jeff quade wrote:
> Howdie:
> Thought Id just post to see if anyone has had any success with
> integrating CMUs SPHINX into Asterisk?
> I see the EAGI in the source/build, and a couple of posts to
> Asterisk-Users, but no useable info.
> Seems like a DEAD issue, waiting for a re-visit.
> Before I pull the code apart and struggle with deciphering the source--
> I thought someone might have pointers or suggestions.

Someone, I don't remember who, on IRC #Asterisk got it working, but only
with ULAW/ALAW codec.  Apparently the sound quality on the compressed
codec was not quite good enough for Sphinx.  I don't know if he ever
resolved the problem.  I imagine you could tune Sphinx to work better
with compressed codecs.