[Asterisk-Dev] rtp.c Issue

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Apr 7 07:34:31 MST 2004

> Ok.  My uneducated "leave plenty of margin" engineering answer was a
> little
> too conservative.  :-)  Thank you for pointing this out -- now it's there
> for all the list to see.  :-)

Don't feel bad.  There are scads of IVR systems out there created by people
who think that Telcordia is the capitol of Transylvania (and Belcore was
perhaps in Bulgaria?).  Standards are great, but implementations are often
shoddy.  I recently evaluated a VoIP PBX from the current market leader in
office phone systems that required 250+ MS for positive digit detection.
(I'm under and NDA, but you would know the name if you heard it.)

Perhaps the DTMF timing should be presented in a .conf for easy
configuration.

-S