[Asterisk-Dev] PATCH of the day - app monitor extensions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 7 02:22:13 MST 2004

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001268

This is a patch that starts an application after you've monitored a call.
Possible uses are
* Mailing recording somewhere
* Mixing the two channels into one automatically
* Playing recording in office loudspeakers so anyone can laugh

Please try this patch and log your review of it on the bugtracker.
All comments are welcome, from "Patch of the year!" to "It broke
my system, installed windows and caused a divorce". Of course,
just adding "it works for me" helps us trying to find out if this
patch is ready for cvs or not.

To test a patch you usually
* Download the files attached to the bug report
* CD to the local CVS tree - the asterisk source code
* Run 'patch' with the file as input
* Sometimes you have to cd to a subdirectory before you patch, but the output will indicate this.

Don't do this with your regular source code tree, the one you use in production.
Follow the instructions on http://www.asterisk.org , the download page, to download a fresh
CVS source code tree that you can use for testing.

A lot of the patches in bugs are production ready, some are not, and we need your help
to find out if the new stuff is working, if it is doing what it should and not causing
other problems. Also, you might have an opinion of how the programmer solved a problem,
like "This should be configurable in a config file" or "I would like this patch to
call my mother in law, too". Add it to the bug tracker. All input is welcome. This is
how we improve Open Source Software - peer review, peer input.

The bug marshals alone can't test all patches in all environments, so you're doing
the community a big favour if you spend some time testing new functions. In some cases,
the patches is exactly what your users have been asking you for for a long time!

/Olle