[Asterisk-Dev] Man page

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Apr 5 09:44:11 MST 2004

There's been discussions about creating a man page for asterisk, which I think
is a good idea. I've made the skeleton, please help add important stuff.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+man+page

It's not a manual, it should give an overview of command line parameters,
reference to config files, reference to environment variables used.

Other binaries that may need man pages (please add)
* Ztconfig
* Ztdummy
* safe.asterisk

In the long run, I would propose writing man pages for config files
as well. Let's start with "asterisk".

When we have the text on the Wiki and we're satisfied, someone needs to
code this in troff (?)  so we can add it to the distribution.

/O