[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail dont hangup the channel

Jesse Janzer jjanzer at qcomm.com
Thu Apr 1 11:58:18 MST 2004

I noticed this problem as well, you can soft hangup the call in the
console (maybe your problem is more severe...?). For myself (and
probably most people as well), I use something like the following:

exten => 999,1,Dial(X,30,mtTr)
exten => 999,2,Voicemail(uX)
exten => 999,3,Goto(corporate,X,1)
exten => 999,4,Voicemail(bX)
exten => 999,5,Goto(corporate,X,1)

Which will cause it to loop, if you insert a Hangup after the Voicemail
function calls you should be alright. This is just a temporary solution,
I imagine it really should be handled properly later.