[Asterisk-Dev] extensions with random length ended with a #

Christian Beaulieu christianb at grafsoft.com
Thu Apr 1 08:28:09 MST 2004

Just to make sure I'm clear in this.

[home]
include => sip
[sub1]
EXT2=sub1
exten => s,1,Playback(demo-congrats)
[sub2]
include => patient
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,7
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,3,BackGround(demo-congrats)
exten => 0,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20,tr)
[patient]
EXT3=patient
exten => _.,1,GetWave(${EXTEN})
exten => _.,2,Dial(ZAP/2,20,tr)

This is the dial plan. When I use this, Get wave then prints out the content of EXTEN into a file. In the file itself however, I never get the extact same extension that i've dialed. When I dial lets say 123, I sometimes get 1, sometimes 12, sometimes 123 all depending on how I dial. That is why I' d like to have a widlcard ending with a # to simplify all of this. Is it possible?