[Asterisk-Dev] dump_user_user() and other UUI questions

tony mancill tony at mancill.com
Fri Sep 19 09:51:37 MST 2003

I've written a (very minor) patch for libpri that prints out the UUI
information received during call setup, which I will submit via the bugs
interface.  Before I submit it, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback
on presentation of the UUI string.  Currently, I'm dumping it as a string,
but I know that the field can contain most anything.  (One of our partners
sends us what is essentially a packed data structure, full of all kinds of
non-printable characters.)  Do people think it's worthwhile to run the
string through isprint(), and/or dump the hex of the UUI alongside the
string?

I'm also working on transmit_user_user(), since I need * to propagate UUI
information when it acts as a gateway.  This appears to be much more
complex than just a function to tack the IE on to the end of the setup
message, because the change cascades back through q931_setup() to
pri_call().  To give you an idea of where I'm going with this, intially,
my need is merely to pass UUI information between calls over PRI trunks,
so the code would be restricted to PRI -> PRI transfers/calls.  However,
eventually I need to be able to pass this information to/from a SIP call,
so that I can gateway ISDN inbound calls to a SIP-based IVR, and then
REFER them back through the gateway to an ACD (at the end of another PRI
trunk).

Assuming that there will be an applicable IETF draft on how to pass UUI
info via SIP, is this the sort of modification that would be considered
for inclusion in *?

Thanks,
tony

  tony at mancill.com     | 'If Bill Gates had a dime
http://www.debian.org  |    for every time Windows crashed...
           (anonymous) |       ... Oh wait a minute, he already does...'