[Asterisk-Dev] Re: SNMP

Andrea Fino af at faino.org
Mon Sep 15 07:09:08 MST 2003

totoro at ovh.net wrote:

>>I think the first question about all of this is "Can we get this data from
>>the manager interface today?".
>>
>>If the answer is yes, then all you need is either some glue software between
>>the manager interface and a SNMP interface, or, to copy and paste the
>>manager code I/O for snmp instead of the current interface. Even the
>>un-requested updates sent over the manager interface would qualify as snmp
>>traps.
>>
>>If the answer is no, perhaps we should first work at making this additional
>>data available from the manager interface, and worry about the api/format of
>>collecting the data later on.
>>

>Totally agree.
>The problem is less in the format that * send informations outside, but what
>informations * can send outside.
>
>Does anybody already maid a manager interface in Perl?
>It can be used and developped to link with mon to monitor. I'll search on this
>point a little deeper...

I have to warn that data have to be gathered from the snmp subagent
*fast* to be effective, especially if you have an huge mib, so they have
to be a kind of global variables between threads (my prototytpe works in
this way).

Snmp was thinked with monitor & statistics, in mind ....

Andrea

--
Andrea Fino 8-) - "Sistemi su misura di qualita' industriale"
                  "Handcrafted systems with industrial quality"

[Phone: +39 071 2070104]+[Fax: +39 071 2077919]+[iaxtel:17002876594]
[Web: http://www.faino.org]+[Email: af at faino.org]