[Asterisk-Dev] Re: SNMP

totoro at ovh.net totoro at ovh.net
Mon Sep 15 05:48:09 MST 2003

> No response frokm SNMP = problem
> Strangely high amount of open channels = problem
> etc... its hardly for just "monitoring.

Snmp can be used also by mon to monitor it.
I was meaning that other softs like mon has to be used, so snmp is not the only
way to monitor. But snmp could be good to know numbers of modules inserted,
numbers of file handles open, numbers of errors produced on an extension and
so... So it can be a good way to monitor * from the interior.
I'll try to see if mon modules are easy to write and how it can be maid to
monitor exterior parties of * like channels.
For me, hardest thing to monitor is E1 or incoming telephone line without making
real call every 5 minutes.

Miro