[Asterisk-Dev] Re: SNMP

Mon Sep 15 05:44:30 MST 2003

I think the first question about all of this is "Can we get this data from
the manager interface today?".

If the answer is yes, then all you need is either some glue software between
the manager interface and a SNMP interface, or, to copy and paste the
manager code I/O for snmp instead of the current interface. Even the
un-requested updates sent over the manager interface would qualify as snmp
traps.

If the answer is no, perhaps we should first work at making this additional
data available from the manager interface, and worry about the api/format of
collecting the data later on.

Just my 0.02c worth...