SNMP for Asterisk was Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Like a Heartbeat for *

John Brown jmbrown at chagresventures.com
Sun Sep 14 21:05:27 MST 2003

I'd be willing to slave some code time on this as well.
Its been a very long time since I wrote OID/MIB stuff, but
its just packets and payloads :)

I suggest that Digium get a Enterprise number from IANA
and then we start working from there.

Next the list should decided on what things we would like
to have in a MIB.  For starters:

Number of FXO, FXS, Spans, Channels,
Number of SIP peers, users, channels
Up/Down stats of those
Last registered time (SIP and others)
IP addr of the various items (SIP devices, etc)
CallerID of current channels in and out
Voice mail
  Number of mail boxes
  Disk usage per mail box
  Last checked date/time

Number of channels currently in use
Total seconds of use for each channel or device

I'm sure we can think of more :)

john brown
chagres technologies, inc
watch for my new O'Reilly and Assoc book
"Building Cheap Firewalls" due out Mar 03