[Asterisk-Dev] Like a Heartbeat for *

CW_ASN cw_asn at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Sep 14 17:43:02 MST 2003

Ok, the main subject was Heartbeat application, to assure that * is running
with good health. But this subject it turned aside a lot of needs, and I
think that is great.

We have 2 branches for the same subject.
1-Monitoring * health (method? I not sure, but we can discuss it)
2-Traffic statistics

1-Pure-TDM switches has independent process monitoring each other,
mantaining a very simple dialog. The monitoring process sends a SMNP trap to
a Network Management application. That's we need (I presume).

2-Certainly, Traffic statistics can be obtained reading CDRs, but is not
100% accured when you use re-route features. This issue can be resolved
using counters call routes. In Pure-TDM switches this measures as known as
Grade Of Service. I don't know if these goals can be achieved with little
modifications.

This is just an opinion...