[Asterisk-Dev] # during ringing causes Asterisk to crash!

Jamie Carl geek at jazz-inc.net
Fri Sep 12 20:32:44 MST 2003

Hey all,

Just noticed something that might be an issue.  I have just made
asterisk crash consistently by doing the following.

I have a D-Link DG1102s running MGCP into asterisk and an extension *9
setup which dumps me into my inbound context to simulate calls coming in
from my X100P.  This usually works with no hassles at all.  Except this
time I pressed # too early, as in before it actually answered and the
MGCP IAD was still providing ring tone, and Asterisk just stopped
responding to everything!  I had to do a send a SIGKILL just to kill the
running process.

Here's a quick log just to illustrate what I mean:

  == Spawn extension (default, 121, 1) exited non-zero on
'MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-1'
    -- Endpoint 'aaln/1 at DLINK01-1' observed 'hd'
    -- MGCP mgcp_new(MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-1) created in state: Down
    -- Endpoint 'aaln/1 at DLINK01-1' observed '*'
    -- Endpoint 'aaln/1 at DLINK01-1' observed '9'
    -- Executing Goto("MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-1", "inbound|s|1") in new
stack
    -- Goto (inbound,s,1)
    -- Executing Dial("MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-1", "MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01|30")
in new stack
    -- MGCP mgcp_request(aaln/1 at DLINK01)
    -- MGCP cw: -1, dnd: 0, so: 1, sno: 0
    -- MGCP mgcp_new(MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-0) created in state: Down
    -- Called aaln/1 at DLINK01
    -- MGCP/aaln/1 at DLINK01-0 is ringing
    -- Endpoint 'aaln/1 at DLINK01-1' observed '#'
    -- Endpoint 'aaln/1 at DLINK01-1' observed 'hu'

And at this point everything stops responding.

I have a feeling people will be able to recreate this without any issues
and that the problem lies in the MGCP channel driver.

Regards,

Jamie Carl
Jazz Inc.
http://www.jazz-inc.net