[Asterisk-Dev] IAX over high latency low throughput links?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Sep 7 05:31:08 MST 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 wasim at convergence.com.pk wrote:

> Nothing special, one of our clients in Jo'burg ordered an X100P, plugged
> an extension off his PBX into that, and registered through nufone via
> IAX2... voila... it really doesn't get any simpler than this

Thanks - I've previously had an ATA186 working on a connection through
a "proper" ISP in ZA.

Unfortunately I'm now a victim of Telkom's ADSL "service" which uses
aggressive traffic shaping to make web and ftp look OK at the expense
of everything else.

I'm going to try a tunnel over to a network that has proper
connectivity and see if that will help.

Steve