[Asterisk-Dev] Long comments and ideas for sip.conf

Rainer Jochem rainer at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Thu Sep 4 10:01:24 MST 2003

> Asterisk will reread config files with just a reload, not restart.
> Databases are overkill for config files not to mention they are easier
> to corrupt beyond use and take down your entire system than are flat
> files. Most people who want databases are wanting an easy way to make a
> web based configurator so they don't have to learn how to write the flat
> files out from their simple php files.

Hmm... tell me how you'd manage a sip.conf with 17000 users and giving
the users the possibility of changing their passwords... :)

Or if you want to use * in a large environment, where all the other
user accounts are already stored in a central database. Having
database support in asterisk, it could be easily integrated in such
an installation.

Greetings
 Rainer

--