[Asterisk-Dev] Help please: adding gnophone extensions

Annie A annie_ack at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 07:06:32 MST 2003

Here is my problem and questions:im just adding two
gnophone users to my dialplan, all three systems are
within lan.
 1. in iax.conf:
 [muk]
 type=friend
 auth=pliantext
 secret=myown
 context=default
 host=dynamic
 permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
 callerid="Muk"<500>

 [ash]
 type=friend
 auth=plaintext
 secret=hisown
 context=default
 host=dynamic
 permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

--- I am not registering these two with the register
=>statement, that is only if my pbx needs to register
with iatel.com or something right? i ask this because
it says in the Asterix handbook that if users are
dynamic they have to be registered,but how would i
register the above two users in that case? i tried
doing it "@localhost" etc.. but it doesnt work error:
localhost not found.--but i dont think i should
register SHOULD I, If so how?

 in the Extensions.conf:
 [default]
 exten => 500,1,Dial,IAX/muk
 exten => 500,2,Hangup

 exten => 501,1,Dial,IAX/ash
 exten => 501,2,Hangup
---apart from the above i have tried to put in
"Playback,WaitMusicOnHold etc..but nothing works. Also
when i do "show application Dial" or "show applicaiton
Playback" it says "Your application are not
registered"
HOW should i register the Dial applicaiton? Pleeeese
help!

Output: Here is the output that i get:
 - the users are shown as registers when i do the
command Iax show peers. also while the server is
running,the registration is shown of the two users.
BUT when i attempt to call from one to the other the
following error is shown:
 Rejected connect attempt from 192.168.8.112,request
'exten=511;callerid=localhost.localdomain;dnid=511;context=default;user=name=muk;language=;formats=2;
version=1;'
I get this error for both.
Also here is what i add in the gnophone:
..192.168.8.112:
 context=default
 server,port etc are my addres and port.
 user=muk password=myown
 peer=muk secret=myown
 then call 511.
it gives Attempting to connect disconnects.It does how
that
phone has been registered with server.
Phew!
Thanku a billion zillion times if u took the timeout
to read all that!!
Thanku
Annie