[Asterisk-Dev] Directory Dialing Plan

Ryan R. Fligg rfligg at dstorage.com
Thu Oct 30 07:55:52 MST 2003

Hi,
I am have set up an asterisk system with 3 XP100 cards and am using
Snom200 phones.  Besides the echo problem, everthing seems to be working
great.  I have an interesting problem though.  I want to implement a
search extension that will allow me to search for employees by doing a
simple directory search, as is implemented on most PBX's.  I would like
to play a message to the effect of "Please spell the last name of the
party you are trying to reach" with the background command.  Then when
the user begins to spell asterisk will match after each number entered
and will play the name of the party when a correct match is found.  I
have just gotten a handle on the extensions.conf and sip.conf files and
have a pretty good understanding of how they work but am searching for
some better documentation on how to implement a menu system with this
feature.  I was going to originally use a switch statement when the
correct number is matched but don't know what logic is possible in
extensions.conf.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan R. Fligg

Secured Digital Storage, Inc.
104 SW 4th St.
Des Moines, IA  50309